HARRISBURG – Two Senate committees will hold a public hearing on Wednesday at 10:30 a.m. to hear testimony from county officials about efforts to begin to reopen safely during the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as from medical experts who are treating our most vulnerable senior population and researching the virus COVID-19.
Testifiers and members of the Senate Local Government Committee, chaired by Senator Scott Martin (R-13), and the Senate Aging and Youth Committee, chaired by Senator Judy Ward (R-30), will participate remotely, and the hearing will be streamed live at www.pasenategop.com.
Last Friday, 24 counties entered the yellow phase of reopening designated by the Wolf Administration, and an additional 13 counties were added to the list effective this Friday. Several other counties have announced their intention to move to the yellow phase on Friday – with or without the governor’s authorization.
Testifiers will include:
- UPMC Chief Medical and Scientific Officer Dr. Steven Shapiro.
- UPMC Chair of Emergency Medicine Dr. Donald Yealy.
- Dauphin County Board of Commissioners Chairman Jeff Haste.
- Beaver County Board of Commissioners Chairman Daniel Camp.
- Snyder County Board of Commissioners Chairman Joseph Kantz.
- Venango County Commissioner Albert “Chip” Abramovic.
Video and other materials from the hearing will be available here.
Terry Trego (717) 787-6535 (Senator Martin)
Cheryl Schriner (717) 787-5490 (Senator Ward)